Subject: Re: Has anyone ported Tcl/Tk using X11 libraries?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

20 Jan 1999 05:53:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Andrew Sumner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Andrew Sumner wrote:

> I have tried to port by using/modifying the patches used in the
> windows-based port distributed with Cygnus.  I have so far been
> unable to get either Tcl or Tk to pass the 'make test' tests, and
> I am getting core dumps when binding an X-windows application to
> the libraries.

I've forgotten what I had to do, but I don't remember anything too
weird. Also, I believe I had built tcl/tk/tix/etc as static when
I was playing with the X port. Then again, it was probably really
painful and I just blocked it all out ;-)

Sergey has pre-built versions on http://www.lexa.ru/~sos/

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".