Subject: setting errno
From: [email-masked] (Tim Taylor)

19 Jan 1999 15:42:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I'm porting a program that sets errno if an operation fails.  However, in
the B20.1 errno is a macro that dereferences the pointer returned by a
function #define errno (*__errno())

What is the proper way to set errno in cygwin?

Based on comments I've read in the headers, it appears that the following
will work:

_REENT->_errno = xxx

Is this correct, or is there a more compatible or preferred way of doing this?
- Tim

======================================================================
 Timothy L. Taylor                        Internet: [email-masked]
 Lead Software Systems Engineer              Voice: (781) 271-8770
 The Mitre Corporation                         Fax: (781) 271-7231
 202 Burlington Rd.                      Mail Stop: B295
 Bedford, Massachusetts 01730-1420
======================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".