Subject: [B20.1][Win95] work-around for build problem
From: [email-masked] (Glenn Spell)

18 Jan 1999 15:20:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (Glenn Spell)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

The following patch to the B20.1 winsup sources is experimental.

At least for my setup, this patch seems to provide a suitable
work-around for the 'make' "vfork: No more processes" build
problem on Windows 95. After applying this patch, I have
experienced no page faults and no problems doing builds, even
on multiple sub-directories.

This patch to B20.1 is based on patches to the latest B21
snapshot by DJ Delorie on Jan 15, 1999.

Thanks, DJ. Thank you very much. I take back every disparaging
thing I have ever said or thought about Cygwin. I love it!

------------------------ cut here ------------------------
--- winsup/dcrt0.cc.orig	Mon Nov 30 00:41:12 1998
+++ winsup/dcrt0.cc	Sun Jan 17 01:55:30 1999
@@ -529,5 +529,5 @@ dll_crt0_1 (per_process *uptr)
 	  user_data->ptr = ciresrv->heapptr;
 	  cygwin_shared_h = ciresrv->shared_h;
-	  (void) alloc_stack (ciresrv->stacksize);
+	  (void) alloc_stack (ciresrv->stacksize + 8192);
 	  mypid = ciresrv->cygpid;
 	  child_proc_info = ciresrv;
------------------------ cut here ------------------------

I am not a programmer. I have no experience, no background,
and no training in programming. I can't even read code,
much less write it. I have no idea what this patch does.

-glenn

-- 
            Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
         Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.
  ____________________________________________________
  ... blue skies ... happy trails ... sweet dreams ...
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".