Subject: Programming server sockets without accept()??
From: [email-masked]

18 Jan 1999 12:36:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Is it possible to program server-side sockets without a call to accept()?
I asked about this in an earlier message in the context of the X Font
Server.  This server apparently does not ever do an accept().  I was always
under the impression that without an accept() call, that no connections
could be made.  On the other hand, I know that accept() will block the
current thread of execution.  This is not the model on which the X servers
were built.  This server worked on B19, but does not work on B20 and I'm
trying to figure out why.

Can anyone offer any insight into if and how this can work?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".