Subject: setting bash stack size?
From: [email-masked] (John_Wong)

17 Jan 1999 20:25:08 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

   I'm trying to build a program using g77 which has large arrays. When I
try to run it, bash give a permission denied error. Running it withing gdb
gives an "error creating process" "error 1455" message. I suspect I'm
hitting a stacksize limit since if I reduce the array sizes the program
can run. bash version 2.02.1 doesn't support "ulimit -s" command to set
the stack size and I tried the suggestion on the Cygnus FAQ to add the
flags "-Wl,--heap=????,--stack=????".

   Any ideas how to increase the stack size in bash? Thanks.

                             John Wong, Oregon State University

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".