Subject: B20.1 patch bug on Win95
From: [email-masked]

16 Jan 1999 20:53:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I'm running Cygwin B20.1 on Windows 95 build B. Whenever I try to patch
something,  I get a message saying, 
patch: **** can't rename `C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/po001016' to `<name of file patch is
trying to patch.' : File exists
Please tell me how to fix this or fix it in later versions. -Comp
Heres what cygcheck gave me:

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Sat Jan 16 16:54:07 1999

Win95 Ver 4.0 build 67109975  B

Path:	/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN
	/WINDOWS
	/WINDOWS/COMMAND
	/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586/BIN
	/WINDOWS
	/WINDOWS/COMMAND
	/WP51/
	/d/PROGRAMFILES/MTS

SysDir: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
WinDir: C:\WINDOWS

MAKE_MODE = `UNIX'
PWD = `/d/pennmush'

!C: = `C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1'
!D: = `D:\mush\pse\space-0.9.14'
BLASTER = `A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6 E620'
CLASSPATH = `D:\Program Files\HEAT\navbar;'
CMDLINE = `bash'
COMSPEC = `C:\COMMAND.COM'
DIRCMD = `/W'
HOSTNAME = `zepath'
HOSTTYPE = `i586'
MACHTYPE = `i586-pc-cygwin32'
OSTYPE = `cygwin32'
PROMPT = `$p$g'
SHELL = `/bin/sh'
SHLVL = `1'
TEMP = `/windows/temp'
TERM = `cygwin'
TMP = `C:\WINDOWS\TEMP'
WINBOOTDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
WINDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
_ = `/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/cygcheck'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
  (default) = `D:'
  unix = `/d'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
  (default) = `C:'
  unix = `/'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cygnus
Cygwin B20
  (default) = `C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fc:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\Uninst.isu'
  DisplayName = `Cygwin B20'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20\B20.1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\cygwin-B20.1
  (default) = `c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1D

a:\ fd           N/A    N/A                    
c:\ hd  FAT32   1143Mb  77% CP    UN           MAIN
d:\ hd  FAT32   1033Mb  70% CP    UN           ETHAN'S
e:\ cd  CDFS     643Mb 100% CP                 CD1ENC97ENC

C:    /        native  text!=binary
D:    /d       native  text!=binary

Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\bash.exe
Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cat.exe
Not Found: cpp (good!)
Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\find.exe
Found: C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\find.exe
Warning: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\find.exe hides
C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\find.exe
Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\gcc.exe
Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\gdb.exe
Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\ld.exe
Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\ls.exe
Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\make.exe
Found: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\sh.exe

  446k 1998/12/04 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/3 22:39
    5k 1998/12/01 C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cygtclpip80.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
   10k 1998/12/01 C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cygtclreg80.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 2:25
  371k 1998/12/01 C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cygtcl80.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 2:25
  600k 1998/12/01 C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cygtk80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0
sys=4.0
                  "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 2:28
  446k 1998/12/04 C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0
sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/3 22:39
Use -h to see help about each section
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".