Subject: Re: impure ptr
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

16 Jan 1999 03:04:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Bernard Dautrevaux <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'John Mamer'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> A lot of people also think that -mno-cygwin will select the right
> libraries, but they are all wrong :-<. -mno-cygwin only change
> predefined macros passed to your program and select the right header
> files, but you have to retrieve the mingw32 libraries from Mumit's site
> and select them manually

Really?  I thought my change to the specs file that was in the full
20.1 distribution fixed this problem.  It should pick the right
headers and Mingw stub libraries as long as you're doing C programming
with some combination of stdc and Win32 API calls.

That said, for C++ programming, you still need the mingw configuration
since the libstdc++ and libiberty libraries are still Cygwin-linked;
this is a hard problem to solve but needs to be at some point.

If this is not correct, please let me know so I can readjust my brain
accordingly.

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".