Subject: rsh tip needed
From: [email-masked] (Christoph Kukulies)

15 Jan 1999 21:45:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I'm using the rshd from the NT resource kit.

Does gnu-win32 provide an rcmd/rsh interface?

Independent of that I have a question:

I'm writing a cgi program that runs on a unix machine (apache server).
The cgi C program should execute something like:

main()
{
   execl("/usr/bin/rsh","/usr/bin/rsh","WINNTPC","dir >kuku.txt",0);
}

Actually the remote command is more complex but it should return
some output to the cgi program or, if that doesn't work, write its
output to a file in the common www directory which both machines
share.

Anyway, maybe someone can answer the following questions:

Why does redirection in the above command not work?

How can I intercept the output of the execl on the unix side?
Should I create a pipe? My idea is to either write the output to a file
for subsequent manipulation into HTML or directly retrieve the
output of that command for filtering in the cgi program and issuing
HTML that then can appear in the browser.

-- 
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".