Subject: RE: [B20.1] Win95 vs. Win98 for development
From: [email-masked] (Ralph Hempel)

14 Jan 1999 22:53:40 -0800
Message-ID: <000401be4015$d19d7240$1e4dbfce.cygnus.gnu-win32@pro150>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

> For those who have access to both platforms, does Win98 appear to be more
> stable for development using B20.1 than Win95?  Or, are they fairly equal
> in quality and stability?
>

Ummmmm, it used to be that Win95 was way better than Win3.1 because you
only have to reboot your machine once or twice a week (depending on what you
are doing). I have found Win98 to be WAY more stable, but then I haven't
benn
diddling around with my machine as much as I used to.

The long and short of it is that I find Win98 more stable, but this is a
relative measure. Your mileage may vary...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

------------------------------------------------------
The train stops at the train station,
The bus stops at the bus station,
So why am I sitting at a work station?
------------------------------------------------------
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com
------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".