Subject: [B20.1] Debugging xfs (X font server)... What about accept()???
From: [email-masked]

14 Jan 1999 19:27:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

I've recently been pulling my hair out trying to get the font server (xfs)
from X11R6.4 running on B20.1.  I'm building from scratch using Sergey's
patches and I'm finding that the server won't accept any incoming
connections.  The server should be listening on port 7100, so last night I
took a look at the output of "netstat -a" and found that xfs did not appear
to be listening to 7100 at all.  After rebuilding with X transport
debugging turned on, I found that the socket was being created, bound and
the listening queue was set to 5.  But, I never saw a call to accept() on
the socket.  Isn't this necessary for a socket to become a listener socket?
Later the code appears to do a select() on the socket, but I'm wondering
how if at all it will ever get anything in if an accept() is never
executed.  On the other hand, doesn't accept() block the calling
thread/process?  If so, maybe accept() can't be called??

Can anyone set me right on this and give me some ideas of why xfs might not
want to work?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".