Subject: Re: More on relative pathname
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

14 Jan 1999 14:16:54 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Gordon Watts Brown University <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Taking the suggestion of Earnie Boyd, I replaced the #!/bin/sh in my sample
>script with #!/bin/bash. Now the relative path names work fine.
>Unfortunately, I can't make this change in all the code I'm running (this is
>a port with a common source base), so I still need to get sh to work
>correctly, but it is an interesting data point, none the less. Would this
>indicate a problem in sh or in the cygwin dll below it? I guess it depends
>upon how sh invokes sub-shells.

There is a problem with cygwin, #!, and relative paths in PATH.  The
problem should be fixed in recent snapshots.
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/