Subject: Find problem solved or workaround
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

14 Jan 1999 04:37:16 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I could solve the problem with find, I reported here recently.
At least I found a work around for me.
Perhaps you can take it as a bug report, too ?!?

It was a problem with my mount table.
I had a mount table like this:

C:                                     /                native  text=binary
c:\Entw\Perl                           /Programme/Perl  native  text=binary
c:\usr\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin  /bin             native  text=binary
d:                                     /d               native  text=binary
\\.\tape0                              /dev/nst0        native  text=binary
\\.\tape0                              /dev/st0         native  text=binary
e:                                     /e               native  text=binary
c:\usr\local\etc                       /etc             native  text=binary
z:                                     /home            native  text=binary
d:\var                                 /var             native  text=binary

As you can see, besides the necessary mount for c: -> / there are two
other mounts for directories on the same drive - 
c:\Entw\Perl and c:\usr\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin !
I replaced them with symbolic links and everything started to work as
expected.
So I suppose, Cygwin gets confused, when it has to handle more than one
mount for the the same partition or the partition's directories.

Any comments on this ?

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".