Subject: Re: missing entry point _ctype_ in cygwin1.dll
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

14 Jan 1999 03:24:34 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
 <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>While attempting to build egcs, I get a crash message indicating
>that a program is looking for a missing entry point _ctype_ in
>cygwin1.dll.  Under W95, the indication is that conftest.exe has
>tried to link with this; under NT there is no such message, but it
>occurs when attempting to link genopenit.  I believe that conftest
>is a program which autoconf generates to test gcc features.  I
>have re-installed from full.exe recently, hoping to make sure I
>have a reasonable standard installation.  What have I done
>wrong?  Have I got left-over .o files from a dev-src installation
>which aren't compatible?

If you're getting this type of error then it sounds like you have
at one time used one of the snapshots and that your libcygwin.a is
out of sync with your DLL and/or headers.

-chris
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/