Subject: Re: Bugs I've discovered...
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

14 Jan 1999 00:15:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Glenn Spell wrote:
[...]
> > 6) Occasionally when doing long drawn out configures or makes the
> > whole shell window locks up completely and I have to open another
> > window and do a kill -9 pid to try to fix it (which sometimes doesn't
> > take.
> 
> This has been reported by several souls. Preleminary indications are
> that this is unique to Windows 95. What OS are you running?
> 
> Other indications are that Cygnus will not take this problem
> seriously until many more souls report it... if even then!

Nope, this is a problem we're taking quite seriously.  Unfortunately
it's a *very* hard problem to isolate and fix.  From what I currently
think is going on, we have to figure out how to change Cygwin so that
we don't expose bugs in the Windows 95 kernel.  *sigh*

Installing the USB patch does seem to help a lot as does upgrading to
Windows 98 or (better yet) Windows NT.  That's the best advice I can
give for now...

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".