Subject: Re: find problem
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

13 Jan 1999 14:03:47 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Bernard,

[...]
>> find: ./spool: No such file or directory
>>
>Just my penny: the files seems to be owned by the local machine
>administrator (if I remember right what user ID 544 is) which (if I

Jepp, 544 is the local admins group !

>guess from the DomAdmin, I've never seen it till now...) seems to be an
>NT Domain Administrator. If that's true most probably you have no access
>to them,  (except if you are domain administrator, but making tests as
>administrator is looking at your ability to flight by jumping from the

I *am* the Domain Admin and I have all rights, that are necessary to view
all the directories and files. Even rm -rf works perfectly :))

[...]
>I'm not sure if this is your problem, but please look at the NT
>permissions for these directories: cygwin will only give you some
>synthetic view of them, but there is a lot more in ACLs than what cygwin
>can show in standard UN*X-like permissions.

Thx a lot for your hints, but I am also a Unix and Linux Admin, so I
unfortunatley know the difference in the permissions, uhm concept 8-(

[...]
>Regards,
>
>	Bernard

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".