Subject: gdb able to attach to a process
From: [email-masked] (Horak Daniel)

12 Jan 1999 14:43:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-2"
To: "'gnu-win32 list'" <[email-masked]>

Hello,

is there a version of gdb (for B20) that is able to attach to a running
process and show some useful information?  I need to debug running
PostgreSQL server. The version from B20.1 doesn't work - it show for "where"
only "??". When I want to set a breakpoint, it writes "cannot access memory
at 0x..... I have tried also gdb for B19 from Sergey Okhapkin - it works
(with -nw option), but creates a core on exit and it have some problem (it
crashes when running without the -nw option) with the Tcl/Tk interface (I
think).

			Thanks,
				Dan Horak
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".