Subject: gcc can't find cpp
From: [email-masked] (Vince Rice)

12 Jan 1999 12:29:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I tried to compile a program today for the first time, and gcc complains
that it can't execute cpp. The exact message is:
    gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cpp': No such file or
directory.

I found the cpp.exe buried in
    /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/egcs-2.91.57
along with a few other files and an include directory.

Should gcc be able to find those files as is? Am I missing an
environment variable to tell it where to look, or should the files be
copies to someplace else?

Thanks!

Vince

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".