Subject: Re: configure of cygwin package on win95 oddity
From: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>

12 Jan 1999 10:09:07 -0500
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.5 [en] (X11; I; Linux 2.1.126 i586)
X-Accept-Language: en

Glenn Spell wrote:
> The frustrating thing is that Cygnus seems to have abandoned all
> support of Windows 95

Actually, all I've been working on for the last few days is this
specific problem.  We have not abandoned Windows 95, it's just that
95 is a truly buggy operating system and requires a considerable
amount of effort to keep cygwin running smoothly on it.

> and probably text mounts too!

I have no idea what makes you think this.  I use nothing but
text mounts on all my win32 systems.

> Until Cygwin can once again be make to run reliably on Windows 95,
> it is nothing but a time-wasting pile of *crap*.

Thank you for your constructive feedback!  I assume you're working
hard at improving the reliability of cygwin under Windows 95, since
it seems to mean so much to you.  I look forward to applying your
patches to the master sources!  At the very least, a complete
list of win95-specific issues would help me plan my 95 work.

DJ