Subject: Re: Relative paths in the PATH variable
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

11 Jan 1999 20:00:02 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Gordon Watts Brown University <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Another question.  I've noticed that if there is a relative path in the
>PATH environment variable, cygwin32 (B19) has trouble.  For example, if
>PATH contains "./bin/CYGWIN" and the ./bin/CYGWIN contains a script
>foo.sh, and this script is marked as executable (and readable), if I do
>"bash> foo.sh" I get an error: cannot open foo.sh.  If I type "type
>foo.sh", it correctly identifies the file using the relative path.  Is
>this a limitation of bash or something else?  I notice that this seems
>to work fairly well on most other UNIX shells.

I've checked into this.  There is a problem with B20.1, relative paths,
and #! style scripts.

This has been fixed in our sources.  It will be in the next release of
cygwin but we don't have any firm dates on when that will be yet.
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/