Subject: Re: info on info on info on...
From: [email-masked] (Glenn Spell)

11 Jan 1999 18:32:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (Glenn Spell)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Corinna Vinschen writes>
> Max Hadley wrote:
> > What do I have to do to read documentation in info format (doubtless it
> > is explained in an info file somewhere). Grumble, mutter...

You're right.

> > I repeat my comment that half the traffic on this list comes from people
> > simply suffering from lack of documentation!

I had intended to supply winhelp files for all the info files but
the Cygwin Windows 95 bug has prevented me from doing anything
productive in a long time.

> He's right. IMHO, the application `info' should be shipped with the
> distribution package as a minimum. It's part of the egcs-sources, so
> there's no problem with it!

And it builds almost right out of the box. Even the latest beta with
better support for html in makeinfo builds fine... as long as I sit
for hours and continue to click "OK" on those dialogs that are
killing all those little children.

-glenn

-- 
            Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
         Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.
  ____________________________________________________
  ... blue skies ... happy trails ... sweet dreams ...
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".