Subject: Re: Problems building lesstif
From: [email-masked] (Francois Felix Ingrand)

11 Jan 1999 18:29:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
To: "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

"Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]> writes:

>     >> I've tried building lesstif 0.87.0 with Cygwin. When I run "sh
>     >> configure --with-x-includes=/usr/X11r6.4/include
>     >> --with-x-libraries=/usr/X11r6.4/lib" configure tells me that it
>     >> can't find the linker ld. I have C:\cygnus\cygwin-
>     >> b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin in my path. I also have it mounted as
>     >> /bin. Typing "ld -v" prints out the version information so I
>     >> know ld is in the path (the Windows path, anyway). Why can't
>     >> configure find ld? Do I need to use autoconf?  If so, where do
>     >> I get it from?  By the way, I tried setting LD=/bin/ld and then
>     >> running configure. This didn't help, I still got a message
>     >> about ld not found.  Thanks for the help.
> 
> I moved 
> 
>  o DiskDrive:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin    to
>  o DiskDrive:\usr\bin
> 
> and mounted DiskDrive: to /
> 
> For me
> 
> LD=/usr/bin/ld ./configure --with-gnu-ld --prefix=/usr/X11

Just set LD to the proper place (as above)

you may also have troubles with the X11 libs revision. For some reasons,
xfree86 gets in the way (the configure set x-include and x-lib to
these). Just comment the 2 lines which do it.

Then it will built (although some install pbs occur with the mwm.exe/mwm
name pb.

In any case, Lesstif builds, but I still have some pbs with
XmFileSelection, so I am looking for people who successfully built and use
Lesstif. 

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Francois Felix INGRAND     "La guerre, qu'on voit danser le long des golfes
Professional: [email-masked]       clairs, a des reflets d'argent" (Anonyme)
Personal: [email-masked]            WWW: <http://www.laas.fr/~felix>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".