Subject: Hex Workshop (was: gsar?)
From: [email-masked] (Glenn Spell)

11 Jan 1999 18:29:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <000101be3ced$a2025490$0301a8c0@tgoodman8>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (Glenn Spell)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Todd Goodman writes>
> I haven't received any responses about anyone successfully
> building Perl under 20.1 so I guess no one has.

That's probably not a valid assumption, but I don't know.

> People have mentioned using gsar to edit executables to change
> cygwinb19.dll to cygwin1.dll.
> 
> Has anyone done this with the YeP Perl distribution?

The YeP Perl works fine with cygwin1.dll. I don't know anything
about gsar. I change the dll name in the executable with the
Windows 95 "Right Mouse Context Menu" using Hex Workshop from
BreakPoint Software, <http://www.bpsoft.com/>.

And here's that URL with improper syntax so it will be visible
with the outdated version of hypermail that Cygnus uses.
        http://www.bpsoft.com/

I also use all text mounts, but I don't know if that matters.

-glenn

-- 
            Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
         Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.
  ____________________________________________________
  ... blue skies ... happy trails ... sweet dreams ...
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".