Subject: Is dlltool "skippish"? Or is ld visually challenged?
From: [email-masked]

11 Jan 1999 08:12:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Hello.

I am using the Microsoft/3dfx OpenGL ICD (better: trying to use) with
EGCS-MinGW32 or CygWin32.
I generate the interface lib "libopengl32.a" from thhe opengl32.dll and the
DEF exports file I generated with PExports 0.41 by Anders Norlander.

Linking the program with the libopengl32.a works fine except when I use
"glBindTexture" or "glGenTextures", maybe some others, too. I get an
"undefined reference to glBindTexture@8" when linking.

I checked: the exports file lists the function correctly:
"glBindTexture@8", and the @nn is correct.

Is seems like dlltool has just "left" these functions "out" of
libopengl32.a....
I have not checked with a hex editor wether the reference is included in
the library or not, thus I cannot say whether its the linker ld or dlltool
who's playing tricks on me.

P.S: The function's declaration is in no way different than for example a
"glVertex3f" or a "glBegin".

See ya,
 Moritz Voss

And thanks for any help.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".