Subject: impure ptr
From: [email-masked] (John Mamer)

10 Jan 1999 20:06:32 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi there!
  I am trying to compile a program to work with the win32
api only (not through the cygwin layer).  I read the FAQ and
scanned the archives.  The advice seems to be to hand the
-mno-cygwin to gcc.  Here's my problem:

I type: gcc myprog.cpp -mno-cygwin 

It compiles and tries to link but the linker comes up with
multiple errors of the form:

C:\TEMP\cckpwiFV.o(.text+0x2bb):myprog.cc: undefined
reference to '_impure_ptr'

I used to get this kind of error when I inadvertantly tried
to link cygwin produced object files with mingw32.  I'm
guessing that something similar is happening here.   I read
the FAQ, but all I was able to uncover was the advice to use
the -mno-cygwin as a gcc flag. I tried running gcc with -v
and got a lot of output, some of which seemed to indicate
that the linker was looking at the cygwin libs (which I
thougth it wasn't supposed to do with the -mno-cygwin flag).  

Any help that anyone can give here would be greatly
appreciated.  I shall continue to read through the mail
archives in the mean time. 

thank you.
j

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".