Subject: Re: Problems building lesstif
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

10 Jan 1999 15:44:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI 1.9.0 - "Isurugi")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

    >> I've tried building lesstif 0.87.0 with Cygwin. When I run "sh
    >> configure --with-x-includes=/usr/X11r6.4/include
    >> --with-x-libraries=/usr/X11r6.4/lib" configure tells me that it
    >> can't find the linker ld. I have C:\cygnus\cygwin-
    >> b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin in my path. I also have it mounted as
    >> /bin. Typing "ld -v" prints out the version information so I
    >> know ld is in the path (the Windows path, anyway). Why can't
    >> configure find ld? Do I need to use autoconf?  If so, where do
    >> I get it from?  By the way, I tried setting LD=/bin/ld and then
    >> running configure. This didn't help, I still got a message
    >> about ld not found.  Thanks for the help.

I moved 

 o DiskDrive:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin    to
 o DiskDrive:\usr\bin

and mounted DiskDrive: to /

For me

LD=/usr/bin/ld ./configure --with-gnu-ld --prefix=/usr/X11

works just fine and Lesstiff builds OOTB.

Ciao
  Volker

-- 
___________________________________________________________________________

   "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse ..."

                                                 Dr. Volker Zell
      __ /  _  /  __  / ___/  /    ___/          -- Senior Dozent --
     /  /  /__/  /_  / /     /    __/            Oracle Germany
   ____/__/ _|__/ __/____/ ____/____/            Paul-Thomas-Str.58 
                                                 D-40599 D|sseldorf
   e-Mail: mailto:[email-masked]
   WWW:    http://trgsund4.de.oracle.com/
   Tel:    (+49) 211-74839-414                   
   Fax:    (+49) 211-74839-44
___________________________________________________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily 
represent those of Oracle Corporation.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".