Subject: Help
From: [email-masked] (Min Yao)

10 Jan 1999 00:04:52 -0800
Message-ID: <000701be3c4e$07724ec0$582daccf.cygnus.gnu-win32@kebocomp>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Hi, David, I am trying to port the SSLftp 0.8 ftpd server part unix c source
code to Windows NT C source code and run the ftpd server on NT, I think I
can use gnu-win32 package to do it, but I do not know how, I just downloaded
user.exe file and installed on Windows95, and then I do not know what to do,
Could you or anybody help me please !

Thanks very much !

Kebo

To: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: Problems with gnu-win32

Dave Slate wrote:

I recently installed the gnu-win32 package (b18, with development tools) on
a DELL PentiumII box running Windows-95, and on a DELL Pentium-Pro box
running Windows-NT.  I'm trying to port a complex application from a
Linux/Unix environment to both of these systems.  Much of this application
is now running ok, including some hairy I/O involving inter-process pipes
and select calls.  Here are some of the things that don't seem to be
working properly:

1. The hostname command seems to work on Win95 but aborts on WinNT.
2. popen seems to work on WinNT, but on Win95 only read calls (mode "r")
   work, while write calls ("w") fail.
3. Attempts to retrieve cpu time using getrusage() fail on both systems,
   returning junk.  Here is the code, which works ok on Linux/Unix:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include

/*
 * double CpuTime( ) - report Dsu cpu time.
 */
double
CpuTime( void)
{
 double   t;
 struct rusage   r;

 getrusage( RUSAGE_SELF, &r);
 t = r.ru_utime.tv_sec + r.ru_stime.tv_sec +
         (r.ru_utime.tv_usec + r.ru_stime.tv_usec) / 1000000.0;
 return (t);
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas on these problems?

Thanks for the gnu-win32 package, and for whatever help you can provide,

-- Dave Slate

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".