Subject: Re: Question regarding C++
From: [email-masked]

9 Jan 1999 17:52:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

[email-masked] (Mukesh Singh) wrote:
>I went through whole of FAQ but I could not find the answer of my question
>that 

>Can I use Cygwin development tools to develop C++ programs as you have
>mentioned only about C programs ?

Yes, Cygwin uses the egcs compiler which has very good C++ standard compliance
compared to most compilers (especially on Windows systems - who knows when
Microsoft will fix their template support in Visual C++). I have noticed that
the C++ standard library isn't quite complete (for instance, no <valarray>),
but for the most part it's there. One other question: shouldn't
there be an <sstream> header, or has this been replaced by <strstream>?

Matt Reece
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".