Subject: Problems building lesstif
From: [email-masked]

9 Jan 1999 17:42:10 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I've tried building lesstif 0.87.0 with Cygwin. When I run "sh configure
--with-x-includes=/usr/X11r6.4/include --with-x-libraries=/usr/X11r6.4/lib"
configure tells me that it can't find the linker ld. I have C:\cygnus\cygwin-
b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin in my path. I also have it mounted as /bin. Typing "ld
-v" prints out the version information so I know ld is in the path (the
Windows path, anyway). Why can't configure find ld? Do I need to use autoconf?
If so, where do I get it from?
By the way, I tried setting LD=/bin/ld and then running configure. This didn't
help, I still got a message about ld not found.
Thanks for the help.

Matthew Reece
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".