Subject: Re: Bash hanging
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

8 Jan 1999 16:20:19 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA0AECBF.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA0AECBF.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>,
Ian Collins <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Has anyone noticed bash hanging in b20.1?  It appears to be flow
>control related.  I tried stty -xoff, but it doesn't seem to solve the
>problem.
>
>It doesn't seem to matter whether it is in the console window, or in a
>telnet window.  The shell just occasionally just stops.

It is almost assuredly not flow-control related.

What does "just stops" mean, exactly?  Does it stop printing a prompt?
Or is there no response to commands at the prompt.

If you can reliably duplicate this, then we'll take a stab at fixing it.
cygcheck output would be useful in this case.
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/