Subject: b20.1: does not handle newlines well
From: [email-masked]

8 Jan 1999 14:10:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------91CB71B56F5E4527D4803343"
To: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------91CB71B56F5E4527D4803343
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

With bash try

# ( echo a; echo b ) | sed "s/
/x/g"

-> sed: -e expression #1, char2: Unterminated 's' command

Or try this (shouldn't work, but just in case)

# ( echo a; echo b ) | sed "s/\
/x/g"

sed: -e expression #1, char 6: No previous regular expression

Or (just to make sure):

# ( echo a; echo b ) | sed "s/\n/x/g"

a
b

I have some problems with scripts and continued lines (backslashed
newline)
too, but I can't pin it down. I think the first version should work (at
least it
does with my Linux box).

cygcheck.out attached.

Bye

Dominik

--------------91CB71B56F5E4527D4803343
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; name="cygcheck.out"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="cygcheck.out"

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Fri Jan 08 12:01:43 1999

WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 3

Path:	/usr/local/cygnus/b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/

SysDir: C:\WINDOWS\System32
WinDir: C:\WINDOWS

MAKE_MODE = `UNIX'
PWD = `/tmp/zsh-3.0.5'

!C: = `C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\domivogt\.windows\DESKTOP'
ARMINC = `D:\USR\LOCAL\ARM211\INCLUDE'
ARMLIB = `D:\USR\LOCAL\ARM211\LIB'
COMPUTERNAME = `BID3207'
COMSPEC = `C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'
HOMEDRIVE = `c:'
HOMEPATH = `\windows\profiles\domivogt'
HOSTNAME = `bid3207'
HOSTTYPE = `i586'
INCLUDE = `c:\msdev\include;\include;%include%'
INFONET = `K:'
LIB = `c:\msdev\lib;%lib%'
LOGONSERVER = `\\GRE01PE2'
MACHTYPE = `i586-pc-cygwin32'
MSDEVDIR = `C:\MSDEV'
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = `1'
OS2LIBPATH = `C:\WINDOWS\system32\os2\dll;'
OS = `Windows_NT'
OSTYPE = `cygwin32'
PAGER = `more.com'
PATHEXT = `.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD'
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = `x86'
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = `x86 Family 6 Model 3 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel'
PROCESSOR_LEVEL = `6'
PROCESSOR_REVISION = `0304'
PROMPT = `$P$G'
RMC_DIR = `d:\compile'
SHELL = `/bin/sh'
SHLVL = `1'
SYSTEMDRIVE = `C:'
SYSTEMROOT = `C:\WINDOWS'
TEMP = `C:\TEMP'
TERM = `cygwin'
TMP = `C:\TEMP'
USERDOMAIN = `EUROPE2'
USERNAME = `domivogt'
USERPROFILE = `C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\domivogt'
VIEW_DIR = `g:\rmc'
WINDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
_ = `/usr/local/cygnus/b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin//cygcheck.exe'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
  (default) = `\\.\tape1:'
  unix = `/dev/st1'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
  (default) = `\\.\tape0:'
  unix = `/dev/st0'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
  (default) = `\\.\b:'
  unix = `/dev/fd1'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
  (default) = `\\.\a:'
  unix = `/dev/fd0'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
  (default) = `D:'
  unix = `/'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1\mounts\00
  (default) = `\\.\tape1:'
  unix = `/dev/st1'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1\mounts\01
  (default) = `\\.\tape0:'
  unix = `/dev/st0'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1\mounts\02
  (default) = `\\.\b:'
  unix = `/dev/fd1'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1\mounts\03
  (default) = `\\.\a:'
  unix = `/dev/fd0'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1\mounts\04
  (default) = `D:'
  unix = `/'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20\B20
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b20.1\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\cygwin-B20
  (default) = `d:\usr\local\cygnus\b20\cygwin-b20'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cygnus Cygwin B20
  (default) = `C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fd:\usr\local\cygnus\b20\cygwin-b20\Uninst.isu'
  DisplayName = `Cygwin B20'

a:\ fd           N/A    N/A                    
c:\ hd  FAT     2039Mb  44% CP    UN           MOONRISE
d:\ hd  NTFS     768Mb  47% CP CS UN PA FC     STARFLARE
e:\ net NTFS    1725Mb  46% CP CS UN PA FC     
f:\ cd           N/A    N/A                    
g:\ net Samba   2001Mb  89% CP    UN           cvtdevel
i:\ net NTFS   41339Mb  21% CP CS UN PA FC     DATA
j:\ net NTFS   10142Mb  89% CP CS UN PA FC     
k:\ net NTFS   10142Mb  89% CP CS UN PA FC     
m:\ net NTFS   10142Mb  89% CP CS UN PA FC     
x:\ net NTFS   49999Mb  76% CP CS UN PA FC     DATA
y:\ net Samba   1767Mb  78% CP    UN           tmp
z:\ net Samba   1767Mb  78% CP    UN           tftpdir

D:          /         native  text!=binary
\\.\a:      /dev/fd0  native  text!=binary
\\.\b:      /dev/fd1  native  text!=binary
\\.\tape0:  /dev/st0  native  text!=binary
\\.\tape1:  /dev/st1  native  text!=binary

Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe
Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe
Not Found: cpp
Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\find.exe
Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gcc.exe
Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gdb.exe
Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ld.exe
Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ls.exe
Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe
Found: \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe

  371k 1998/11/02 \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtcl80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/11/2 14:22
    5k 1998/11/02 \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclpip80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
   10k 1998/11/02 \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclreg80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/11/2 14:22
  600k 1998/11/02 \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtk80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/11/2 14:27
  446k 1999/01/08 \usr\local\cygnus\b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/4 5:39
Use -h to see help about each section

--------------91CB71B56F5E4527D4803343--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".