Subject: Debugging information for DLL's
From: [email-masked]

8 Jan 1999 12:25:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Here is a somewhat silly question.  If I build a set of DLL's and
associated ".a" files with debugging information turned on, where does that
information end up?  Is it in the DLL itself or the .a?  If it is in the
DLL, can I run strip on a DLL to trim the size of the DLL?  Or does it all
end up in the executable that is linked to the DLL which can then be
stripped?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".