Subject: Re: GDB can't read core files
From: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>

08 Jan 1999 11:18:25 -0500
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.5 [en] (X11; I; Linux 2.1.126 i586)
X-Accept-Language: en

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> 
> the gdb, shipped with full.exe, refuses, to read core files,
> produced on my machine. Is it possible, that this happens,
> because I configured cygwin1.dll with i686-pc-cygwin instead
> of i586-pc-cygwin???

No, it's probably because cygwin uses the term "core files"
to mean something different than what gdb is expecting.
There isn't enough information in the text files called
"*.CORE" that cygwin produces to allow gdb to replicate
the failure environment.