Subject: Minor Bugs found
From: [email-masked] (Sebastien Carpe)

8 Jan 1999 08:09:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Well, i've been using Cygwin 20.1 for a couple of week, and want to give
feedback on the bugs (note this is not core cygwin bugs, at least it doesn't
appear to be) i found :

- As i see someone posted yesterday, sometimes bash in a rxvt (compiled myself
with Sergey patch on command.c) hangs when i try to mouse copy past some-large
buffer (not that large actually but i've seen it hangs with only 4-5 lines)

- When i go "rxvt -e bash", i gotta resize the window so that bash gets the
terminal width. In fact, bash believes it is 25 lines but it only starts with
24. On the other hand if i go "rxvt -e rlogin <host>", the line number is Okie
on the remote host, but resizing doesn't take effect (so that i must stay 24
lines if i want to vi, or may be setting LINES by hand would do the trick...).
Anyhow, there is some miscommunication between processes...

- When i quit rlogin, i got to wait a bit then hit twice the return key so that
the parent prcess gets acknoledgment of the termination of rlogin. Moreover, it
seems that the stty is gone banana after the rlogin is over (no echo, stty sane
doesn't fix anything). This is only met when you do rlogin from bash
(otherwise, when i do it in "rxvt -e rlogin blah", since the console is gone
when rlogin is over, you don't meet the problem)

Beside these strange behavior, everything else seems to be fine :
- Xemacs -21.0-b60 - runs flawlessly (but i didn't tried to have Newsgroups, or
mail to run),
- fvwm2 works and its module also (didn't work in b19.3)
- everything i tried to compile seems to run fine (i even got Imlib to compile
and so Eterm and imlib_config.exe runs Okie)

That's all for now,

Seb
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".