Subject: Relative paths in the PATH variable
From: [email-masked] (Gordon Watts Brown University)

7 Jan 1999 22:03:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnu-win cygnus mailing list <[email-masked]>

Hi,
  Another question. I've noticed that if there is a relative path in the
PATH environment variable, cygwin32 (B19) has trouble. For example, if PATH
contains "./bin/CYGWIN" and the ./bin/CYGWIN contains a script foo.sh, and
this script is marked as executable (and readable), if I do "bash> foo.sh" I
get an error: cannot open foo.sh. If I type "type foo.sh", it correctly
identifies the file using the relative path. Is this a limitation of bash or
something else? I notice that this seems to work fairly well on most other
UNIX shells.
  BTW, I tried to generate a little sample by creating a directory called
junk, etc. etc. and was able to reproduce the result. Many thanks in advance
for suggestions.

	Cheers,
		Gordon.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".