Subject: [B20.1] GTK hanging... An update
From: [email-masked]

7 Jan 1999 17:59:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

A quick update on this problem.  The problem seems to be when linking with
Xim support (what is Xim anyway).  I found this out by stepping slowly
through the code.  If I instruct the compile to not use Xim, then things
seem to work fine.  It appears that the problem is occurring in the call to
either XOpenIM or XGetIMValues.

I'm currently using Sergey's X11 binaries for B20.1.  Sergey, can you take
a look at your Xim to see if you can find anything?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387

---------------------- Forwarded by Craig Setera/Rochester/IBM on 01/07/99
07:55 AM ---------------------------

[email-masked] on 01/06/99 07:35:08 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Craig Setera/Rochester/IBM)
Subject:  [B20.1] GTK hanging

I'm working on moving the GIMP and support (GTK, GLIB) over to the new B20
codebase.  It appears that there may be some kind of a looping bug in the
code.  When I run one of the GTK test programs, it pegs the CPU and just
hangs.  This code worked fine under B19, so it would appear that something
has changed.  I have captured a full trace if there is anyone that would be
willing to look at it.  I don't want to force all on the list to see the
whole thing, but the end of the capture certainly appears to be looping on
something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

[ Capture outtake ]

[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x4CB1B4
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: pid 11072, signal 11, its_me 1
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: awake
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: sig 11 blocked
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: looping
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: Not waiting for sigcomplete.  its_me 1
sig 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: returning 0 from sending signal 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler exc
0xC0000005 at 0x26FE333 sp 0x26FDB6C
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler sig =
11 at 0x26FE333
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x4CB1B4
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: pid 11072, signal 11, its_me 1
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: awake
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: sig 11 blocked
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: looping
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: Not waiting for sigcomplete.  its_me 1
sig 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: returning 0 from sending signal 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler exc
0xC0000005 at 0x26FE333 sp 0x26FDB6C
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler sig =
11 at 0x26FE333
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x4CB1B4
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: pid 11072, signal 11, its_me 1
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: awake
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: sig 11 blocked
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: looping
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: Not waiting for sigcomplete.  its_me 1
sig 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: returning 0 from sending signal 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler exc
0xC0000005 at 0x26FE333 sp 0x26FDB6C
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler sig =
11 at 0x26FE333
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x4CB1B4
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: pid 11072, signal 11, its_me 1
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: awake
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: sig 11 blocked
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: looping
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: Not waiting for sigcomplete.  its_me 1
sig 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: returning 0 from sending signal 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler exc
0xC0000005 at 0x26FE333 sp 0x26FDB6C
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler sig =
11 at 0x26FE333
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x4CB1B4
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: pid 11072, signal 11, its_me 1
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: awake
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: sig 11 blocked
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: looping
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: Not waiting for sigcomplete.  its_me 1
sig 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: returning 0 from sending signal 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler exc
0xC0000005 at 0x26FE333 sp 0x26FDB6C
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler sig =
11 at 0x26FE333
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x4CB1B4
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: pid 11072, signal 11, its_me 1
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: awake
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: sig 11 blocked
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: looping
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: Not waiting for sigcomplete.  its_me 1
sig 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: returning 0 from sending signal 11
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler exc
0xC0000005 at 0x26FE333 sp 0x26FDB6C
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler sig =
11 at 0x26FE333
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x4CB1B4
[main] testgtk 11072 (0) sig_send: pid 11072, signal 11, its_me 1
[sig] testgtk 11072 (0) wait_sig: awake

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".