Subject: Problem with passing a lot of parameters to linker.
From: [email-masked] (Alexei Karpov)

7 Jan 1999 10:33:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------E07D2BDC281FF4388DF3D4BD"
To: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------E07D2BDC281FF4388DF3D4BD
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

    Could anybody help me. I am working with Cygnus 20.1 ( Win98 ) and
try to link libraries using Green Hills and pass a lot of parameters and

libraries to linker. I do it in my makefile and get the next dialog :

    The program has performed an illegal operation
    and will be shut down.

    Quit all programs, and then restarts your computer.
    If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Additional information gotten using Details button is
SH caused a stack fault in module KERNEL32.dll at 015f:bff724c11.
ant etc..

When I remove some libraries being passed linking has been finished
successfully. When I try to do this using shell script all works fine.
Problem occurs only in makefile. I do not know why yet. May be this
depends
on environment size ? I attach example of makefile.

    Thanks in advance.
    Bye,

--
Alexei Karpov
SONY Platform Software Development Center - Belgium ( PSDC-B )
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 ( Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne )
1130 Brussel ( Bruxelles ), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Tel.  : +32 2 724.86.50
Fax   : +32 2 726.26.86
E-mail: [email-masked]

" There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and
  the only other life is complete rejection of the rules... "

--------------E07D2BDC281FF4388DF3D4BD
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r; name="GNUmakefile"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="GNUmakefile"

all: print

print :
	cd /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/ObjectManager/obj/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID && \
	/d/cm_src_0.9/bin/pc/win32/conv lx  -elf -e Prologue -sec { .text 0x0 : .rdata : .rodata : .sdata 0x0 : .data : .sbss : .bss : } -overlap -nocpp -r -o _objectManager \
        ObjectEnvAllocator.o ObjectManager.o ObjectManagerStub.o \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/libObjectInstantiators/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libObjectInstantiators.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/libInstantiators/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libInstantiators.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObletManager/libObletManager/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libObletManager.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/libMinimalExecEnv/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libMinimalExecEnv.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/libExecEnv/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libExecEnv.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/libEnvAllocator/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libEnvAllocator.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/libRelocation/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libRelocation.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/libContextManagerProxy/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libContextManagerProxy.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/libExecSpaceManagerProxy/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libExecSpaceManagerProxy.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/libMapperProxy/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libMapperProxy.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/libThreadManagerProxy/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libThreadManagerProxy.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/ClassSystem/ObjectManager/libSchedulerProxy/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libSchedulerProxy.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/AddressManager/MinimalAddressManager/libAddressManagerProxy/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libAddressManagerProxy.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libIDTable/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libIDTable.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libObject/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libObject.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/HeapManager/libMalloc/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libMalloc.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/HeapManager/libHeapManager/ObletStub/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libHeapManagerstub.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/HeapManager/MCoreHeapManager/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libMCoreHeapManager.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/MCore/ObletStub/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libmcorestub.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/MetaCore/libContext/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libContext.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/MetaCore/libMetaCore/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libMetaCore.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/miniSTL/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libminiSTL.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libRegister/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libRegister.a  \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libTime/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libTime.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libANSI/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libANSI.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libObject/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libObject.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libGHS/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libGHS.a \
        c:/Green/mipsl_r4/libansi.a \
        c:/Green/mipsl_r4/libind.a \
        c:/Green/mipsl_r4/libarch.a
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libStdIo/ObletStub/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libStdIostub.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libStdIo/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libStdIo.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libSys/ObletStub/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libSysstub.a \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libSys/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libSys.a  \
        /d/cm_src_0.9/src/System/Global/lib/libRegister/obj/export/R4000/DDB/nonPICnonPID/libRegister.a \

--------------E07D2BDC281FF4388DF3D4BD--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".