Subject: Re: Mingw32 egcs 1.1.1, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX and CreateProcess
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

6 Jan 1999 19:01:13 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Bernard Dautrevaux <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gilles Depeyrot <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Bernard Dautrevaux <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> CreateProcess does not fill anything! you must pass both the file name
> and argv[0]... Note also there is various incompatibilities depending =
> on
> the system you're running on (3.x/95/98/NT) and the kind of exe you're
> starting (16/32 bits). Even Micro$oft agrees it's clumsy and difficult
> to understand... I think I've read that the best way when calling
> CreateProcess is to pass a null pointer as the name of program file to
> load and to put the full path-name in the argv[0] image.

Actually, it's a bug in trying to find the relative directories when
there're disk names present in the PATH. I'll get a fix and issue an
update. The current to-fix list:
  
  - fix signal handling on mingw32 so that SIGSEGV etc works. Thanks to
    Jacob Navia for his contribution to this.
  
  - a few header fixes. I screwed up dir.h in the current distribution.
    As a workaround, you can create a dir.h with "#include <io.h>" in
    it in c:/egcs-1.1.1/i386-mingw32/include directory.
  
  - A few small fixes to the compiler to avoid crashes.

Thanks to all those who're reporting bugs, especially with testcases!

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".