Subject: Re: "%" in file name
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

6 Jan 1999 01:00:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Egor Duda <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Egor Duda wrote:

>   Running the following program under cygwin B20.1 gives "Error: No
> such file or directory", even if file named "a%b" exists in current
> path. Is it bug or feature?

Let's call it a feature until the bug is fixed ;-)

Here's a partial trace, and you can see clearly where the bug starts
(marked with ^^^ below):

[main] bad-fname 1000 (0) normalize_posix_path: /tmp/a%b = 
  normalize_posix_path (a%b)
[main] bad-fname 1000 (0) mount_info::conv_to_win32_path: a%b =
  conv_to_win32_path (a%b)
[main] bad-fname 1000 (0) symlink_check_one: 0 = symlink_check_one
  (C:\tmp\a%b, 0x244FB75, 260) (normal file)
[main] bad-fname 1000 (0) fhandler_base::open: (a?b, 0x10000)
                                                ^^^ a%b --> a?b
[main] bad-fname 1000 (0) fhandler_base::open: -1 = CreateFileA (a?b,
  0x80000000, 0x7, 0x61064F20, 0x3, 0x80, 0)
[main] bad-fname 1000 (0)
  /home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/winsup/fhandler.cc:
  290 seterrno: 123 (INVALID_NAME) -> 2
[main] bad-fname 1000 (0) fhandler_base::open: 0 = fhandler_base::open 
  (a?b, 0x10000)

Thanks for the bug report along with a reproducible testcase.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".