Subject: uname and machine identity
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

5 Jan 1999 20:46:05 -0800
Message-ID: <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA0AECB7.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
To: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

I need to get a unique system identity from an application running on b20.1.
On other Unixes, I use,

typedef struct utsname UTS

UTS uts;

uname(uts)

and the unique machine identity is found in uts.machine (on AIX), or
uts.idnumber (on HPUX), etc.

Does anyone know how to get such information on B20.1,  as the output of
uname is very limited.

Regards,
Ian Collins.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".