Subject: PostgreSQL binary available?
From: [email-masked] (Finn Kettner)

5 Jan 1999 20:08:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

Hello out there.

I've seen on this list that someone has ported PostgreSQL to (GNU) 
win32, but on the website (Askesis) which was referred there was no 
binary, only a few header files and a diff file, plus a lot of 
pointers to the tools needed to build it.

As I'm sort of a newbie to GNU Win32, I'm not very keen on going into 
a lt of work building my own binary (it seems to be quite a job), so 
I would like to hear if anyone has a binary available for download, 
as I would like to get going with this SQL server. Also if anyone put 
in some pointers for how to compile it myself I would be very happy. 
I have cygnus b19 installed, but I have never played with ecgs and 
the other tools mentioned on the Askesis web page.

For completeness here is the reffered web page:
http://www.askesis.nl/AskesisPostgresIndex.html

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Yours faihtully.
Finn Kettner.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".