Subject: B20: updatedb script references nonexistent utility, frcode.
From: [email-masked] (Eric Jones Volt Computer)

5 Jan 1999 05:37:34 -0800
Message-ID: <61AC5C9A4B9CD11181A200805F57CD54058DD78E.cygnus.gnu-win32@RED-MSG-44>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I'm running Beta 20.1 under NT 4/sp3.

Updatedb references the utility frcode when building the locate database.
This utility does not appear to be part of the Binary distribution of B20.1.

As a result updatedb fails to build a locate database.

To Repro: 

1. install B20.1
2. run shell script updatedb.
3. should see error message about missing frcode.

Attached text file of cgcheck -s -v -r.

 <<cygcheck.txt>> 

Thanks for the GREAT utils...
Eric Jones.

> I do not and will not work for Volt Computing. It is my personal opinion
> that they do not do business in an honorable fashion. Their name is
> appended to my email name because  my agency, Whitenack West Consulting,
> bills Microsoft through Volt and it is Microsoft policy to append the name
> of the billing agency to email names. 
> 
> 
> 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".