Subject: Mingw32 egcs 1.1.1, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX and CreateProcess
From: [email-masked] (Gilles Depeyrot)

4 Jan 1999 21:55:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with Mingw32 egcs-1.1.1 concerning the
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable.

I launch and run egcs from inside an Win32 application using
a call to CreateProcess. This works fine except for the fact
that in this case, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX *must* be defined or I get
an error message:

gcc: installation problem, unable to exec `cpp'

The readme for Mingw32 egcs 1.1.1 states:

>Installation? 
>
>  It's trivial. Unzip, and add the directory containing the binaries to 
>  your PATH, and that's it! Really. Please follow the instructions 
>  in the INSTALL file in the download area. You don't even need to
>  set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX as with previous releases, but if you do have
>  it, just make sure it's set correctly.

I have checked that GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is not defined at all in my 
environment.

I have checked that egcs compiles fine when run from the DOS command line.

Furthermore, if GCC_EXEC_PREFIX *is* defined, running gcc from an 
application
via CreateProcess works fine. If it is not defined, it does not work.

Keep up the great work
Gilles Depeyrot

Gilles Depeyrot                    <mailto:[email-masked]>
                             <http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gilles.depeyrot>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".