Subject: Trying to figure out where the problem is: egcs, ld, cygwin1.dll, or other?
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Bailey)

4 Jan 1999 21:54:47 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

I'm having trouble figuring out what some code that I've written is 
SegFaulting.

I am linking against the CA-Jasmine dll, and am getting a segfault form 
inside the dll.  The segfault is consistant within a given compile, but 
sometimes a working call will STOP working when code *after* it is 
changed.  This doesn't make any sense to me.  The some code compiles and 
runs fine in MSVC.

So the question is:  How do I track down what's causing the segfault?  I 
had to put in the Jan 2nd binutils snapshot to link command line with a 
..dll (Wonderful feature, thanks for the pointer DJDelorie!) and have 
since also updated to Egcs-1.1.1, and the December 30th Winsup snapshot 
to see if it would help.  The segfault is unfortunetly happening in the 
vendor dll (according to gdb), so I can't even take a look at the code or 
get much info out of gdb.

Pointers to FAQs, DOCs, appreciated.  I can provide a code sample to 
anyone who wants to help directly, they're a little bit long to fill the 
list up with.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".