Subject: [B20.1 inetd] Telnet versus rsh
From: [email-masked]

4 Jan 1999 16:17:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

I'm currently running Sergey's remote utilities on B20.1 to access my other
machine.  I have my local machine set up with X-Win32.  I usually log into
the remote machine using Windows Telnet and then run a shell script to set
things up and launch an RXVT session on my local machine.  This all works
very well, but requires a lot of steps.  X-Win32 allows me to configure a
"session" using rsh that would eliminate many of these steps.  I've defined
this setup, but am unable to get it to work.  Redirecting stdout and stderr
to files on the RXVT startup shows that it is unable to open the display.
Does anyone have any idea why this works with telnet but not with rsh?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".