Subject: Re: [ANN] EGCS_1.1.1 binaries for Cygwin b20 available
From: [email-masked] (Greg Chicares)

4 Jan 1999 04:16:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Mumit Khan wrote:
> I hope people are using the mirrors ... our puny server
> is choking right now.

Oh...I'm responsible for a few megabytes' worth of that today...

Suggestion: at the top of pages like
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/egcs.html
put a jump to the list of mirrors, with an attention-getting
caption like "for faster downloads..." Now that I look there, I
see Jeremy Bettis's Omaha mirror has a T1 link, and so may be a
lot quicker than wisc.edu . I'll use Omaha in future.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".