Subject: Re: egcs-1.1.1 binary test_installed results
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

4 Jan 1999 04:16:35 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

[email-masked] writes:
> Running on W95, the g77 tests terminate with a SEGV  in f771 and a large
> number of stale processes still in the tables.  The gcc and g++ tests also
> terminate prematurely.  This situation has improved with each progressively
> more stable compiler version, rebuilding expect with each one, but it's still
> a long way from running testsuite like a linux platform.

Oh, running on W95. I'm impressed you've gotten that far! I've never had
any such luck. I only run the testsuite on an NT box now.

My dejagnu setup is rather weird (months of experimentation to get a stable
setup).
  - dejagnu based of one of the Oct'97 distributions
  - ExpectNT from Gordon Chaffee.

Even then, once in a while I get a few weird failures, which I then run 
again and collate the results. It's never fun.

I haven't tried b20.1 expect yet, and that's only because I usually work
remotely and the NT runs a commercial telnetd which doesn't play well 
when running Cygwin bash.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".