Subject: Re: How do I avoid buying MSVC++?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

3 Jan 1999 17:30:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Max Hadley <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin mailing list <[email-masked]>

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Max Hadley wrote:

> Many thanks, Mumit, your suggestion appears to have fixed the problem
> and I can now compile and run the program without any errors.

Great.

> 
> Is any of this documented anywhere? It does seem to me that a lot of
> traffic on this list comes from people like me just trying to find their
> way round Cygwin. A really good FAQ/read me first would help a lot.
> 

Ahem, no. The wonders of Windows32 would take a lot of work to document
correclty (eg., if I were to document it, I'd surely not remember to
include the _declspec since that's not even in MS docs, and people still
keep on using it).

However, one of the purposes of the mailing list archives is to provide
*some* rudimentary form of docs until someone contributes some FAQs or
something of the sort. 

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".