Subject: Cygwin B20.1 does not compile GNUStep.
From: [email-masked] (Todd White)

2 Jan 1999 23:33:06 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I found a couple of problems when compiling GNUStep under Cygwin B20.1:

Problem #1) Conflicts with _stdcall directive being ignored, followed by
a parse error on OpenPrinterW when compiling.
My Solution:

../include/Windows32/UnicodeFunctions.h: 3012-3014

Was:
            BOOL
            WINAPI
            OpenPrinterW(... rest of call ...)

Should Read:

            WINBOOL WINAPI
            OpenPrinterW(....

../include/Windows32/ASCIIFunctions.h: 2992-2994

Was:
            BOOL
            WINAPI
            OpenPrinterA(... rest of call ...)

Should Read:

            WINBOOL WINAPI
            OpenPrinterA(....

This seems to solve this problem, but I'm unsure whether there is an
adverse effect by doing this elsewhere for other applications that are
non-GNUStep.

Problem #2) Lack of inet_network() functions prevents Distributed Object
system from compiling (gdomap.c).

gcc      -o static_obj/ix86/cygwin32/gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps/gdomap.exe \
         static_obj/ix86/cygwin32/gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps/gdomap.o  \
        -L../src/static_obj/ix86/cygwin32/gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps
-L/nowhere -L/nowhere   -lobjc
static_obj/ix86/cygwin32/gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps/gdomap.o(.text+0x54a0):gdomap.c:
undefined reference o `inet_network'
static_obj/ix86/cygwin32/gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps/gdomap.o(.text+0x54bc):gdomap.c:
undefined reference o `inet_network'
static_obj/ix86/cygwin32/gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps/gdomap.o(.text+0x54d8):gdomap.c:
undefined reference o `inet_network'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [static_obj/ix86/cygwin32/gnu-gnu-gnu-xdps/gdomap.exe]
Error 1
make[3]: *** [gdomap.build] Error 2
make[2]: *** [gdomap.all.objc-program.variables] Error 2
make[1]: *** [internal-all] Error 2
make: *** [subproj-all] Error 2

Solution:

                Please implement this function ?!

Regards,

Todd White

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".