Subject: Re: B20.1: domain UID problem
From: [email-masked] (JJ Streicher-Bremer)

2 Jan 1999 17:50:35 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Andrej Borsenkow <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

UID 544 translates into the local machines Administrators group. If you
are a member of the local Administrators group and you create a file, that
file is owned by the local group Administrators.  This is an NT 'ism and I
have found no way to defeat this.

Hope this helps
JJ

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> mkpasswd creates UID = 1006 but all files that I create get UID = 544. (Or
> may be, it is stat that reports wrong info).

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".