Subject: Re: [Cygwin] B21 and 'sys/termios.h'
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

2 Jan 1999 04:31:33 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Glenn Spell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Did the wrong 'termios.h' file get posted to the winsup-snapshot
>ftp directory..., perhaps?

Nope.

>Originally, there was a B21 dll posted. This dll had a problem
>with hanging. This dll was removed and replaced with another
>dll. This new dll works fine. Super! (And it does not hang.)

I'm not sure what this "hanging" DLL was.  That is not a symptom
that I heard reported.

>Along with the new dll, a 'termios.h' file was posted. This file
>is *identical* to the one contained in the B21 snapshot.

The termios.h should be the same as is in the snapshot.  That is
correct.  It was put there so that people wouldn't have to download
the entire snapshot to get this file.

>For the last two days, every B21 dll that I build... hangs. *If*
>the 'termios.h' file is supposed to fix the hang problem, it does
>not... because it is the original file and not an updated version.
>This would also explain why my dlls cause 'kill' to report that
>the process owner is "Not owner".

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that termios.h would have
something to do with a hanging problem or what correlation you can draw
between kill and termios but I doubt that termios would be the cause of
any application hanging that did not use serial I/O.

If you have an application ghat is using serial I/O then you'll need to
use a recent include/sys/termios.h file when compiling and a recent
libcygwin.a when linking.

>I seem to be on the verge of a solution to the problem I have had
>with 'make' for the last month. If there is an updated B21
>'termios.h' file (actually it is 'sys/termios.h'), I would surely
>love to have a copy to help with my research on 'make'.

If you grep the make source for the string 'termios.h', I think you'll
see that there is no occurrence anywhere.

-chris
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/